Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ethan is 5!!!

I just said to Zack last night that Ethan is SO not my little baby anymore. He's gone from 4 to like, 15 overnight. I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures of Ethan from the past 5 years. He is SUCH a good boy. I know every parent says that, but I'm serious!! :) We are consistently amazed at how sweet, caring, loving & hilarious he is! He's just a joy to be around. We love you Ethie-bug!!
He was a little slimy at first, but we loved him just the same! :)
With Uncle Matt
He was always ALL hands and feet!!
With Grandpa Bob in San Diego
Grandma Pam loved him soooo much!
Ethan went through a phase where he just let himself go!!! We were all very worried about him.....if I had to choose 3 adjectives to describe this self-destructive stage: short, fat, sweaty.
During this time, he could typically be found in a chair, on a couch......anywhere where he could put his feet up and suck away on that binky. And just be sweaty.
Hey, I didn't say he wasn't happy! The lazy life suited him just fine...
Once his 3rd Bday hit, he cleaned up and realized life was too short to sit around and eat all day.(We think the discovery of GIRLS may have had something to do with this miraculous turnaround!) But man, what a turnaround it was.....there was quite the handsome little man underneath all that flesh!
The Twins
Hiiiii-YA!!
He loooooves Grandma Diane!
And sprite is his favorite drink.
He says it makes him "feel funny" :)
So, we were of course concerned regarding how Ethan would take the new baby in the house. He was the best big brother ever, from day one. Except he didn't like the screaming..
He REALLY doesn't like the screaming...
Besides that, Ethan is wonderful with Spencer. He's patient, loving, caring. Everything we could ever have wanted. He never gets jealous.....sometimes he gets annoyed, but not often! Basically, Zack and I have no idea how OUR child became so wonderful.
Even with Spence pulling his hair.....
Ethan just laughs about it.
And he's a big hit with the ladies.....
But he'll always be his moms' little boyfriend!!!!

7 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

piddle..cutest post ever! that first picture of ethan is so funny, he has an old man face....so cute. i love him sitting in that box, it makes me want him that age again, so i can just pinch his cheeks and give him big kisses! he really is so sweet. happy birthday ETHAN!!! we love you...

Heather said...

Jilly - That was the cutest post ever! I totally turned into Mom and started to cry when I got to the last picture of you on the beach with little Ethan! You really lucked out with that little guy... mini Zack for sure. Although in the baby pictures he looks just like spencer! Ewww.... I loved that post!
happy birthday Big boy Ethan!

Diane Riding said...

Yep, I'm sitting here at midnight, crying my eyes out looking at all these wonderful pictures of my little/big boy Ethan! Where has the time gone........wasn't it seriously just last week that Elizabeth, Jennifer and I were there in that tiny little house you lived in........decorating it for the baby and anxiously awaiting his arrival? He truly is such a good, sweet little boy......how lucky you guys are. What a wonderful writer you are too, Jilly.......such tender, precious words written about your little boy......who really will ALWAYS be his mommy's little boy! I can't look at that last picture either without tears coming to my eyes! Precious beyond words! I love you and your little (and big) boys!!

Diane Riding said...

PS..........you're getting pretty good at entering all those pictures now, huh? Is it getting easier? Good job, honey. Thanks so much for posting so often now.........it makes me feel closer to the boys since I can't see them often. x0x0x0

The Baldwins said...

I can't believe he's 5 already. He is a sweet kid. Sorry we couldn't make it to Chuck-E-Cheese (my favorite place lol). We were in Disney World. We'll stop by soon.

Elizabeth said...

you are so freaking lucky! that's all I gotta say! He really is so sweet and soo cute! By the way, Not EVERY parent says that about their kids! believe me!! :)

Christina said...

Hey Jill! congratulations! Keep in touch! Xoxo

Christina Jones