Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Spence is One!!!

Phew! This year sure has flown by. My little love is SO much fun! He still doesn't get the concept of sleeping through the night, which is annoying. Once he gets that down, he'll be perfect! (Well, he needs to be potty trained, speaking and driving himself to practices....THEN he'll be perfect!) Just kidding - not trying to rush your childhood little monkey! You just take your time....
I won't go on & on about how adorable Spence is and how much he's loved. Just know that he is....both of those.....adorable AND loved! :)
OK, that was too short for me. So we'll all remember, here is a short list of Spencer's Favorite things!!
1) The recently-discovered juice box (preferrably one that his brother is drinking)
2) Mandarin oranges & grapes
3) MEN (as in Ethan, Matt & Dad).....(OK, yes he loves mom too, but I definitely come in a close 4th place. No medals for me :(
4)Teletubbies ( I won't go into how disturbing this show is to me)
5)His green elephant blankie
6) BINKIES!!!
7) Seeing mom in the middle of the night (my least favorite of his favorites)
So we celebrated Spence's 1st bday with a small little party (family only + Debbie & Don, who may as well be family!) ;)
Since I already know I'll get FLOODED with requests on how I made Spencer's amazing birthday cake, I'll just let the cat outta the bag right here. Ready!!! OK, here we go.....You bake a cake. In a small, round pan (this can be found at a very exotic location, such as Michael's or JoAnne's) Then you frost the cake, with an exotic-type frosting.....I prefer Betty Crocker. ( And I also seem to prefer the word "exotic"??!) Next, you take your finger, and you very carefully carve a number "1" in the frosting. Last, you fill the "1" with sprinkles. And here are the fantastically outrageous results!!!!
I'm good, right? I know.
Debbie & hubby, Don
Uncle Ron, Aunt BJ, Cousin Sarah
Cousin Melissa & Tim
Yeah, yeah...I'm 1. Who cares? But after some coaxing from Ethan...... And a not-so-nice threat from Dad....... I dug right in! Ethan, always needing to be a part of the action.

Thanks so much for cleaning my mess of a child, Melissa!!! :)

And, I'm done.

4 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

oh little spence...why has the time gone so fast! seriously i remember talking to you on the phone while in our third trimester together and DYING about how uncomfortable we were. weird that it's been a year! he's so cute. happy birthday spenny! and it was actually a really cute cake! love and miss you guys...

Heather said...

Jilly - How does your baby get so big? He is so cute - I want to eat him! I love the pictures of the little guy and even Ethan got in on the action - so cute!!!!!
Happy B-day Big Boy Spencer!!!

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe he's a year and I haven't seen him for soooo flippin long! I want to squeeze him in those pictures, they are so cute! thanks for the directions on your cake, it looks really complicated! hahah!! Loveyou!

Peterson Clan said...

Happy Birthday Spencer!! We love and adore you...Wish we could've been there to celebrate your big day!! Jill, seriously, you kill me with the whole cake making explination! Love it...Love ya-Jenn