Friday, May 2, 2008

The little weed that could

Look what I found while picking weeds ALLLLLL day Saturday.... (which is why you can't see my face. Weeding is NOT a good look ;)
It had apparently been so long since I (or any of the other well-equipped-to-pick-weed humans that I reside with) had picked weeds, one actually grew through a foam football... yes, it grew THROUGH the football.
Isn't that crazy? I've vowed to start taking better care of our yard so the weeds don't actually grow up through our house one day. It really could happen. They have a mind of their own....and I'm frightened.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

oh my gosh! That is sooo disgusting! Good thing you found it. Hey shouldn't the boys in your house be doing the weeds? What's up with that?

Mark and Meghan said...

sick jill...that is so weird! pretty cool though. and i HATE weeding...i think because we NEVER had to do it growing up...we always had pablo! :) i need a pablo in my yard! it's hard to keep up a good looking yard, and mine's not even that big (i can't imagine yours! love and miss you...

Heather said...

Who the heck is Pablo and where was he when I was growing up? It was me and Jen every Saturday morning - maybe that is why we are so well rounded! no pun there! Jill- that is too much! I'm sure you hide your face! Love ya!

Diane Riding said...

I'm laughing so hard I can hardly stand it! How in the heck does a weed grow up thru a foam football???????????????? Only you, Jill!!!! Only Grudy that is grossed out but everything and runs when she sees a tick in her firstborn's belly button!!! HaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! You'll never outlive that one!!!! I can just see Ethie's face when he saw that weed infested football of his from when he was an infant!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane Riding said...

p.s.........you better watch out for that "Jack in the beanstock" weed you had growing outside your office window last summer!!!! I almost could have climbed it to the sky and back!!!!!!!!!! I love you, Jilly! And I dont think those weeds will ever overtake your house..............maybe your yard tho!! x0x0x0x0